John Frye: Multi-Time Grammy Award Winning Mix Engineer Joins ProMedia Training
3-Time Grammy Award WinningMix Engineer John Frye is teaming up with ProMedia to bring you an exciting opportunity to have your song mixed like a Hit Record. After many requests from our clients and students to offer our professional production services and music know-how. we are opening our studios to you. With a proven track record for mixing some of the biggest songs on the planet, John Frye and his team of professionals will be personally available for an evaluation to mix your songs. If additional production assistance is needed, advice will be given as such and a referral upon request.
The team at ProMedia was fortunate enough to work with John as a mentor for our students in our Atlanta facility -with some of those top students now working in major Atlanta facilities. John is now on Promedia's Board of Advisors for developing class content for aspiring mix engineers, and is also working hand-in-hand with select ProMedia students who want the once-in-a lifetime experience of having a song mixed by “John Frye.”
John Frye is a Recording and Mixing Engineer for over 20 years. His work has appeared on over 100 million Albums sold to date. John has won 3 Grammys for his work with Outkast (Stankonia-2001 Best Rap Album, Speakerboxxx/The Love Below-2003 Album Of The Year & Best Rap Album) and has received many additional Grammy nominations. He has worked with Outkast, Lil Jon, Usher, Jay Z, R. Kelly, T.I., Pink, Jamie Foxx, Ceelo Green, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Babyface, Toni Braxton, Rick Ross, Young Jeezy, Soulja Boy, Goodie Mob, TLC, Gwen Stephani, as well as countless other Artists, Producers, and Record Labels. John is currently Recording, Mixing, Producing, Writing, and Managing new and established Artist Projects.
John Frye Selected Discography:
Grammy Award (3):
2001 - Outkast: Stankonia - Best Rap Album
2003 - Outkast: Speakerboxx/The Love Below - Album Of The Year
2003 - Outkast: Speakerboxx/The Love Below - Best Rap Album
Usher: Confessions - 10x Platinum
TLC: Crazy, Sexy, Cool - 11x Platinum
Outkast: Speakerboxx/The Love Below - 11x Platinum
Outkast: Stankonia - 4x Platinum
Usher: Yeah! - 1x Platinum
Outkast: Hey Ya! - 1x Platinum
Full credits can be found at: http://www.allmusic.com/artist/john-frye-mn0000558128
How Does It Work?
Send us your tracks and we will mix them for you, it’s that easy.
We accept audio files or Pro Tools Sessions.
Call us today to get a price quote.
- In order to best service you, we want to have a conversation with you about your song and musical direction. No songs will be mixed until we establish a relationship with you so we can best bring your song to life
- We accept WAV or AIFF audio files at 16 or 24 Bit, 44.1K, 48K, 88.2K, 96K, 176.4K, 192K Sample Rate - We prefer 24 Bit files
- Make sure all timing and tuning issue are corrected prior to sending your tracks to mix. If you wish to have any tuning applied that will be an additional cost
- We accept Pro Tools Sessions for the Mix. Please ensure that you have used “Save Copy In” in Pro Tools to make sure all of the audio files in the session are copied for the transfer.
- Provide all of the audio tracks “dry” with no FX. If there is a particular effect you want present in the mix make sure to print the FX as an audio track
- Print all MIDI/Virtual Instrument Tracks
- Provide as much written/verbal instruction and documentation regarding your mix and direction of the song. We encourage you to send us a rough mix of the song so as to better gauge the direction you want your song to go. We also encourage you to send any reference mixes by other artists to better help us take your song in the desired direction.
What you can expect from ProMedia:
- In most cases, turnaround time is 7 days or less, depending on the complexity of the mix and any revisions
- Mix revisions are included in the price
- Final mix audio files at 16Bit, 24Bit, as well as MP3 versions. Includes Instrumental and Vocal version of the final mix.
NEWS: Focusrite is celebrating the 29th year since Rupert Neve founded the brand by releasing an amazing documentary on the Focusrite Studio Console. Only 10 Studio Consoles were ever produced with 6 remaining in existence today. These no-compromise consoles were literally the stuff dreams were made of. No expense was spared in creating the ultimate in audio technology at the time.
The documentary is a fascinating look at the producers, engineers, and musicians that used this console to make some incredible records. Plus it’s a fascinating look into the world of audio and music history.